LiUNA Local 585 was formed on September 20, 1967.
Local 585 is an affiliate of LiUNA—the Laborers’ International Union of North America—the most progressive, aggressive and fastest-growing union of construction workers, and one of the most diverse and effective unions representing public service employees.
LiUNA members are united through collective bargaining agreements which help us earn family-supporting pay, good benefits and the opportunity for advancement and better lives.
Local 585 members work in the following fields:
- Heavy & Highway, Freeway Rehab, Bridge Construction, Seismic Retrofits, Hospital & Institutional construction.
- Pipeline, Water,Sewer & Storm Drains, Directional Drilling, Pipe Bursting, Gas lines Main & Distribution.
- Utilities, Cable, Telecommunications, Electrical lines maintenance of vaults & placing of overhead to new under grounding.
- Concrete Placement, RipRap & Slope protection, Curb & Gutter, Structural, Bridges, Foundations.
- Asphalt Pavement Maintenance, Rehab & Chip seal, raising manholes.
- Landscaping, Erosion Control, Reclaimed Water Systems.
- Water Filtration Plants, Mechanical Pipe installs, Laser & Membrane Systems, Tanks, Reservoirs.
- Traffic control, Concrete finishing, Demolition.
- Residential, Senior & Affordable homes, Commercial Projects.
- Green Renewables, Solar PV, Wind, Deconstruction & Environmental Cleanup Projects.